365 traducciones

28 noviembre 2005

Denise Riley

A MISREMEMBERED LYRIC

A misremembered lyric: a soft catch of its song
whirrs in my throat. ‘Something’s gotta hold of my heart
tearing my’ soul and my conscience apart, long after
presence is clean gone and leaves unfurnished no
shadow. Rain lyrics. Yes, then the rain lyrics fall.
I don’t want absence to be this beautiful.
It shouldn’t be; in fact I know it wasn’t, while
‘everything that consoles is false’ is off the point –
you get no consolation anyway until your memory’s
dead; or something never had gotten hold of
your heart in the first place, and that’s the fear thought.
Do shrimps make good mothers? Yes they do.
There is no beauty out of loss; can’t do it –
and once the falling rain starts on the upturned
leaves, and I listen to the rhythm of unhappy pleasure
what I hear is bossy death telling me which way to
go, what I see is a pool with an eye in it. Still let
me know. Looking for a brand-new start. Oh and never
notice yourself ever. As in life you don’t.


UNA LETRA MAL RECORDADA

Una letra mal recordada: un dulce recuerdo de su canción
se agita en mi garganta. "Algo se apoderó de mi corazón
destrozandome el" alma y la conciencia, poco después
de que su presencia ya no estuviera y no dejara
ni rastro. Letras de lluvia. Sí y después caen las letras de lluvia.
No quiero que la ausencia sea tan bella.
No debería serlo. No lo fue de hecho, lo sé,
ya que "lo que consuela es falso" ya no no tiene caso.
No encuentras consuelo hasta que la memoria
se muere. O si nada se hubiese apropiado de tu corazón
en primer lugar y ese es el pensamiento del miedo.
¿Son los camarones buenas madres? Sí.
No sale nada bello de la perdida. No se puede
y una vez que la lluvia comienza a caer en las hojas
sin voltear y escucho el ritmo de mi infeliz placer
lo que oigo es a la muerte atareada diciendome
qué camino tomar y lo que veo es una alberca con un ojo.
Aún así me hace saber. Intentando comenzar. Y no
percatarse de uno mismo. Como en la vida.

2 Comments:

Publicar un comentario

<< Home